King’s Lodge School
The Governing body at King’s Lodge school is a dynamic group of people from across the local community. Our main role is to support and challenge the Headteacher and staff. We are the school’s ‘critical friend’.
The School Development and Improvement Plan is the main document the school uses to outline its strategic plan for the year ahead. We hold the headteacher to account against this plan whilst also giving ourselves targets to continually improve our own performance and ability to improve the school further.
Our priorities for this academic year (2018/19) include:
- Pupil Outcomes: Raising attainment and accelerating progress. For pupils in year 2 and year 6 to attain above national expectations in all 3 key areas of RWM
- Teaching, Learning & Assessment: to ensure that confident assessment by teachers is leading planning and supporting differentiated teaching during the embedding of the Classroom Monitor system in its second year
- Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare: to ensure that learning take place in an environment of care, support and excitement with children developing more resilience on their learning journey
- Leadership and Management: to develop the school as a professional learning community
We can be contacted via the School office.
We meet twice every term with a Functional Committee meeting followed by a formal Full Governing Body (FGB) meeting. These meetings are both quite different. The Functional committee meeting will deal with a host of issues and decisions relating to Staffing and Curriculum and Finance and Premises and will maintain the links to the SDIP. The FGB will ratify any decisions where necessary and undertake our legal duties. We’ll also use the FGB to have information sessions on relevant topics. Our approach to these meetings can be seen here: CLICK HERE
Our legal duties include: –
- Setting strategic direction, policies and objectives
- Approving the school budget
- Reviewing progress against the school’s budget and objectives
- Appointing, challenging and supporting the headteacher
King’s Lodge School
Governor Attendance Record 2018-19